Friday, April 18, 2008

To start with...

I need to give a little background.

There has been a lot of talk in the blogging, marketing, and music world about the changes that are happening in the music industry. Some people are scared of this change, more and more people are not.

I for one, am excited about the new landscape that is being created. No longer is the distribution of music controlled by the giants of the music industry. Today, anyone can share their music with the world, whether that's with a MySpace page or iTunes.

Earlier this year, I read a really inspiring blog post that got me thinking. Is it really possible for someone to make a living creating music without the backing of a record label? It has been done, but on the rare occasion.

I think today is a new day for musicians and recording artists. A day in which you don't have to be controlled or recruited by record labels. A day when you can be free to create music for the people who really matter. Your Fans! That's what this article is all about.

It inspired me. And I hope it inspires others.

No comments: