Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Starting Over

So. After close to a year of no writing, it's time to start over. When I first started this blog, I was not real sure of it's place. What I would focus on. What I would write about. What I'd share.

Well, I now have a better idea of what that is. Music.

And more specifically, my journey back to a dream that seemed, to me, to be lost.

When Kristin and I moved to Greenville, we left a lot behind in Nashville. Friends. Family. A great city. And some great food! But one thing we gained was a chance at a new beginning, and for me, a new sense of inspiration.

As I wrote song after song, I kept asking myself, where they were coming from? I mean, who LEAVES Nashville to pursue music? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Well. That's the story I want to tell. The story of a guy who left Music City, only to find the inspiration to start making music.

I will be in Nashville the first week of May recording an album. That's exciting! And that's scary!

So. From here on out, I will share my story. My thoughts. My fears. Ideas. The things that work. And the things that don't.

I hope you'll join along and share your thoughts with me.

3 comments:

Jeff Hall said...

Thank God you're back!

I'm here for the ride.

Anonymous said...

Dude, you are the coolest guy I know. What kind of music are you going to be recording? Exciting stuff. We need to catch up sometime. Peace.

Trey Rollins said...

Thanks guys!

Ross. I'm going to say my music runs in the pop/rock vein. I've got some great musicians working with me so it's going to be fun to see how it turns out!