Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Dinner and a Shoe Story

The other night, Kristin and I were out with some friends...there names are Matthew and Beth, and they're really cool...in fact, I think Matthew and I knew each other in a past life based on our views of life, spirituality, relationships, and philosophical ramblings.

So anyway, Matthew and Beth met Kristin and I for dinner at this really cool, home owned Cajun place, Chops. It's one of those places that is never busy, but they have great food, and you're terrified the next time you go by they will be closed...you know that kind of place, it just hasn't caught on yet so the owner knows you by name and realizes you are his one connection to more customers because everytime you come in you bring someone new....that kind of place...

Ok, so as we were eating dinner our waiter comes up to us and notices my shoes...if you haven't seen them, they are these white, 70 style running shoes with blue stripes, that I found in Kristin's grandfather's home basement....they were brand new, never worn, and the perfect size...

Back to the story...the waiter commented that he loved my 'traxs'...convinced I was unaware of the new lingo for shoes, I just nodded my head and went back to the conversation at the table...but he just kept on talking...come to find out he actually recognized the style and informed me that the actual brand name of my shoes were, in reality, Traxx. A brand that was started in the 70's and faded out of popularity into the eighies (though they are still around, but not as cool).

Regardless of the name of my shoes, I am for now and evermore referring to all shoes as 'trax'....I just love coming up with new terms?!

2 comments:

Matthew Ables said...

is this your first blog, trey?
if so, let me inform you how this works...
tons of people will somehow read your blog. some will check in daily because they are really just THAT bored at work. some will check in every couple of days because they have a section under their bookmarks called "blogs" and will occasionally have the time to scroll through the names and land on yours. some will forget you have one, but will think about you and then try to find it again.
then there are random people that the internet assures us are reading through their shady tracking programs. people in iceland and romania.
however, no matter how many people love your blog...
NO ONE COMMENTS. it's like me hiding in the bushes, looking in the window, as you go on about your life.

Trey Rollins said...

well, my friend...someone (who shall remain nameless), just commented on this blog...oh, that's right, it was you!