Thursday, May 8, 2008

Day 6 - Vocals

Today we finished laying down vocals for 2 songs. It's amazing to keep seeing how these songs are taking shape the more layers we add to them.

One song, 'Last Chance', keeps getting cooler the more we add to it. Today while tracking, a whole new melodic ending came out of me while I was singing. And to that, some really powerful lyrics that add a new sense of passion to the song. I love seeing those things happen as a part of recording.

The lyrics: "Hurt won't break us, Love will make us, And this pain won't tear us a part."

In context with the song, they are really powerful. The song is 'Last Chance'. Here are the lyrics to he song:

How does life look now
After years of beating down
This is my last chance to make it right.

After all is said
And done, will love forget
The hurt that drove our past deep inside.

Burned cold heart
Please bleed warm
Let me feel emotion.

Burned cold heart
Please bleed warm
Don't let me miss this moment.

Time will heal most pain,
but when things just stay the same
Covered up to come back and break us down

When anger takes control
Certain words just bruise the soul
And damage all the love we'd stored inside

Burned cold heart
Please bleed warm
Let me feel emotion

Burned cold heart
Please bleeed warm
Don't let me miss this moment.

No comments: