Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Let's Have a Conversation

So here it goes....my first post.

I named this blog "Conversations" for several reasons. One, I love to have deep meaningful conversations...and I hope this blog will be a conversations you enjoy....and secondly, because conversations are the fabric of relationships....it is what begins relationships, sustains relationships, develops relationships, and keeps relationships going...Let's get for real....everything I become and to everyone I give, will be based on the conversations I chose to invest in.

Let me be clear...a conversation is not just gabbing with a friend over the results of last nights American Idol results...no...conversations involve listening, engaging, responding, questioning, loving, believing and encouraging. My conversations shape me, mold me, challenge me, reveal me, anger me, frustrate me, liberate me, humilitate me, dimantle me, break me, deliver me, save me, change me.

Life is a conversation. Love is a conversation. God is in a converstaion.

I hope to live my life building, developing, sharing and participating in conversations that will make me, my family, and this world a richer place to live, and I would like to invite you to this conversation....

...And please join in....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

trey...you are really jumping into this online networking, socializing, blogging thing, arent you? haha. i'm glad! from jenm.

Matthew Ables said...

about damn time. i'd been wondering why no blog. you just seem like a man that neeeeeds a blog.
it pains me that i haven't read any of the 3 books you have listed.
oh, and beth and I want to hang out with you and kristin soon. we neeeeed your marital advice, just like you neeeeeded a blog.
well, i mean...mostly just beth needs help. what's new. sheesh. i've got this marriage thing down.

Anonymous said...

this is going to be fun. hopefully you won't weird out all the people who read your blog like you weirded out our small group monday night! :-)

i agree with matthew...you neeeeed a blog you conversationalist, you.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you like to talk. If I would have known that, I would have talked to you. I've just been avoiding you and talking about you. Now I will talk to you. Unless you're the guy going around asking everyone, "What's your story?" I hear he weirds some people out. I'm sure that is someone else. LOL!

Welcome to the blog world! Can't wait to join the conversations.

Colin P. Fagan said...

(Applause Applause)
Well put my friend. I hope we might engage in these purposeful conversations. Hope you are well.

Anonymous said...

Great blog. look forward to meangingful conversations.

steve

Anonymous said...

After reading your opening prose,do I even know you? Just checking. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Love it and love you. KBR

Anonymous said...

http://heathermarrin.blogspot.com/

andrewlewis said...

Good to see you on here... thanks for letting me know. I'll be stopping by to converse.